Living in this cold and cloudy weather is starting to put me down! So, I had to make something to brighten up my living room and life. These SPRING blocks are so bright and fun, I had a great time making them.
Supplies You'll Need:
4-1x4 blocks, you can get them cut at Home Depot or Lowe's if you don't have a saw.
Sandpaper
Mod Podge and sponge brush
Glue Stick
White cardstock
Cricut or Stencil to cut out flowers and letters
Spring colored buttons and ribbon
Glue gun/Glue sticks
Bright spring paper
Bright colored acrylic paint of your choice
-First, I sanded the blocks on all the sides and corners so they were smooth. Then, I picked out a bright blue colored acrylic paint for each block.
-Next, I cut out the scrapbook paper just a little bit smaller than the blocks so there was still an outline of blue on the blocks showing, and then glued on (with a glue stick) the letters and tulip.
-After the glue was dry, I went over all the paper with mod podge, just one layer.
I cut out the letters and flowers with my cricut, but if you don't have one, you can easily cut them out with scissors by making a stencil from your computer or free handing it.
-When the mod podge was totally dry (about a half hour) I used my glue gun and glued on the ribbon and buttons, and you're all done! This project only takes about an hour (because of drying times) after you have all your paper and letters cut out.
These are so fun!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! And congrats on the post!!
ReplyDelete